Case Study: UTFR Runs CFD Simulations in the Cloud to Optimize Formula SAE Car Design
The University of Toronto Formula SAE Racing Team is a student‐run club focused on designing, building and competing with an open‐wheeled race car at Formula Student competitions held globally.
In early 2018 the student team partnered with Advanced Clustering Technologies to make use of the company’s on-demand cloud solution, ACTnowHPC. Using Simulia’s Star-CCM+ to run computational fluid dynamics or CFD simulations, the team developed numerous iterations of the front wing’s end plates.
Complete the form to download the case study to read more about how the team used ACTnowHPC to optimize the design of the car.
- Covid-19 Research That Matters: Folding@home Leverages Advanced Clustering and AMD EPYC CPUs
- Romeo Power Running Simulations on ACTnowHPC to Drive Battery Innovations
- Advanced Clustering’s Storage Blocks with BeeGFS Support Large Scale BioPharmaceutical Research at AbbVie
- Case Study: UTFR Runs CFD Simulations in the Cloud to Optimize Formula SAE Car Design
- Case Study: Weather Forecasting in the Cloud
- Building an HPC Solution with Flexibility to Meet Future Needs
- Cost and Performance Enhance Research Efforts
- Closing the Gap On Memory Performance For Development Of Genetic Data Analysis Software
- The Virtual Campus: One of the Nation’s Largest Passive Stereoscopic Tiled Wall Displays
- Apex Clusters Increase Efficiency and Save Money!
Request a Consultation from our team of HPC Experts
Would you like to speak to one of our HPC experts? We are here to help you. Submit your details, and we'll be in touch shortly.