HPC: Powering CFD Research for Aerospace
Advanced Clustering Technologies offers high performance computing and Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions that are tailor-made to support your computational fluid dynamics (CFD) aerospace engineering projects. Our systems are built to offer the storage and interconnects necessary for storing, transferring and analyzing the vast amounts of data.
Products and services for CFD
- Single or multiple GPU-capable servers
- Dual-, quad- or eight-socket servers available for high core and memory count
- Custom-built to your specifications and requirements
- Rack clusters delivered preconfigured, including storage, networking and power components
View our product catalog online to read technical specifications and configure your ideal HPC system.
Aerospace researchers are relying on HPC as never before to perform computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations. Advanced Clustering’s HPC systems are built to provide parallel scalability and maximum efficiency, even at the higher core counts, through all three stages of CFD computations (preprocessing, simulation and post-processing).
When you are using HPC for CFD, the two main considerations are capability (how much compute power is needed to solve my problem – and in what amount of time) and capacity (what configuration is required to solve multiple problems simultaneously). Our HPC systems are available in a multitude of configurations to ensure your CFD simulations are completed in the most efficient way possible.
Our systems support the latest HPC architectures including Intel Xeon Scalable processors, Intel True Scale Fabrics and NVIDIA GPUs.
HPC and CFD: Improving Efficiencies for Aerospace
Before the advent of HPC clusters, aerospace engineers relied on physical models for testing. Now CFD has made it possible to modernize the entire aviation and aerospace product development process. For example, today’s commercial airplanes use 80% less fuel per passenger mile than was necessary in the 1950s.
Some of the benefits of CFD HPC applications:
- optimize product designs quickly and efficiently
- evaluate performance virtually to reduce physical test trials
- explore alternative design possibilities.
CFD and Aerospace Customers
- Auto Research Center
- California Institute of Technology
- NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center