As a Systems Engineer you will be responsible for configuring, integrating, and supporting High-Performance computing clusters for our customers. Additional duties include providing technical assistance to Sales staff with customer configurations, and dealing with partners and vendors in product testing and evaluation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Configuration and installation of High-performance compute clusters in our facility and some travel for on-site installations
- Assist sales staff in producing valid technical configurations
- High-level tech support to customers
- New product testing and evaluation
Skills and qualifications
- Advanced Linux system administration and configuration skills
- Advanced hardware and software troubleshooting skills required
- Intermediate Networking skills required (Layer 2 & 3 switches, TCP/IP, routing, hardware, etc.)
- Intermediate high-level programming language skills required (BASH, Perl, Tcsh, Tcl/Tk, Python, etc.)
- Basic comprehension of the C programming language (Fortran is a plus)
- Knowledge and experience with storage systems (RAID, SAN, NAS) is preferred
- Compiling and troubleshooting of bleeding-edge software is required
- Knowledge and experience in Linux High-Performance computing including parallel environments, and batch schedulers is preferred.
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in learning about new technologies
- Honesty, integrity and a solid work ethic are mandatory
Position is Kansas City Metro based, some travel is required.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the job, please submit your resume with salary requirements. All resumes will be reviewed, and qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Email your resume to: